Monday, July 2, 2012

The Door

Here's the bad news.  I've broken the very law of God.  I've rebelled against my creator.  Spat in the face of love and rejected the very hope He offers.  Since the moment of my birth, I've desired to live for myself.  My wants, My needs and My way have always been at the forefront.  I've proclaimed the love of God with my words and have denied Him with my actions.  I've trampled the very blood of the one who died for me. 

This is my testimony.

Brian K. Smith = ungodly.

un·god·ly
1. not accepting God
2. sinful, wicked, impious
 
This wouldn't be so bad if there were no consequences.  But the Bible assures me that "the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23a   Sin is a battle against godliness.  Sin is a slave-driving task master that demands total commitment and ultimate death.  The recompense or payment for sin is death, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
 
Here's the good news!  "the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23b
"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. (That's me!)  Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we (You and I) were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:6-8 NIV

Amazing!  God demonstrated; made evident, illustrated, manifest and displayed openly His love for us by sending His son to the cross.  I have been justified before a holy God through Christ's blood.  That means that what I couldn't earn Christ obtained through the shedding of His blood.  And..."Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!  For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 
Romans 5:9-10 NIV

Even more amazing are these three words, "having been reconciled".  I can't even comprehend it.  My creator, the one I turned my back on, loves me so much that He sent His one and only son to take my sin upon His shoulders.  From His shoulders to the cruel bloody cross to be nailed there once and for all.  Because of this great sacrifice, when God looks at me...He sees His son.  I have been reconciled, accepted, brought into harmony with God.  "To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved."  Ephesians 6:1

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God."  Romans 5:1-2

Imagine standing in front of a great iron door. It weighs thousands of pounds and would take an army to penetrate.  On the other side, God's favor, grace and gift of eternal life.  You look and see a key hole.  Well, isn't that just great, I don't have the key.  Guess what...there's only one who holds that key.  His name is Jesus and He is the "whom" we have gained access into this grace in which we now stand!

I'd venture to say that you might share a similar testimony, afterall, "all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.  Romans 3:23  However, if you've never recieved the gift of God's grace, today could be that day.  And I say gift because that's exactly what it is.  There is no way to earn it.  No way to buy it.  No way to take it.  You must recieve it.  

Jesus tells us that He is, "the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  John 14:6  Turn to Him and He will open the door to God's grace. 




  







 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment